Instructions for the connection to the network
Attention! Before you are able to connect to the Internet, you have to register first. For more information see Quick Start.
There are several ways to connect to our network:
- Cable: No special configuration is required to connect via cable. Just connect your device with a LAN cable to the network socket in your room.
- WLAN: If you receive the
rommelwoodWLAN, you can use it and configure it according to our instructions (see below). Unfortunately, our WLAN is only available in a few places in the dormitory. Alternatively, you can configure your own WLAN.
|Use the rommelwood WiFi||Create your own WiFi|
It doesn't work?
- Please make sure you have an Account and it is not blocked ist. You can check this by logging into our website here.
- You have been living here for a while and therefore still followed our old Windows instructions? Then you may need to disable the authentication.
For all systems
- The principle is the same as for WLAN at the university (
- The login data is the same as for the homepage.
- If you can specify a domain for validation, then specify
radius.rommelwood.de. Our authentication server is running there.
- For more security your system should check the certificate when authenticating. Usually you can use the system certificates.
- If you have problems with the setup, the user advisors can help you during “normal daytime hours”.
- Generally TTLS with PAP is the best choice.