Instructions for the connection to the network
There are several ways to connect to our network:
- Cable: No special configuration is required to connect via cable. Just connect your device with a LAN cable to the network socket in your room.
- WLAN: If you receive the
rommelwoodWLAN, you can use it and configure it according to our instructions (see below). Unfortunately, our WLAN is only available in a few places in the dormitory. Alternatively, you can configure your own WLAN.
|Use the rommelwood WiFi||Create your own WiFi|
It doesn't work?
- Please make sure you have an Account and it is not blocked ist. You can check this by logging into our website here.
- You have been living here for a while and therefore still followed our old Windows instructions? Then you may need to disable the authentication.
For all systems
- The principle is the same as for WLAN at the university (
- The login data is the same as for the homepage.
- If you can specify a domain for validation, then specify
radius.rommelwood.de. Our authentication server is running there.
- For more security your system should check the certificate when authenticating. Usually you can use the system certificates.
- If you have problems with the setup, the user advisors can help you during “normal daytime hours”.
- Generally TTLS with PAP is the best choice.