Create hotspot with Linux (Ubuntu Gnome)
This manual shows how to use a Linux PC as a WiFi router. The WiFi will be accessble as long as your PC is running.
- Linux PC with NetworkManager
- WiFi card in the PC/Laptop
- Internet access on the PC via a cable
- Klick on “Activities” in the upper left corner, enter “Network” into the searchbar and select “Wi-fi” from the results.
- Now click on the Menu in the upper right corner (the three dots) and click on “Turn On Wi-Fi Hotspot”
- Give your hotspot a name
- Assign your hotspot a password or let the PC generate one for you.
Important: Choose a secure passsword here! The hotspot uses an old Encryption (WEP), so configuring a strong password is essential here!