The structure of the Rommelwood Association
Description of the entities
The general assembly
… is responsible for the following tasks
- Election of new board members
- Discharge of the “old” Executive Board
- Amendments to the Articles of Association
- Dissolution of the association
- Determination of the cash auditors
The General Assembly is held at least once a year, usually in one of the television rooms. All members of the Association can participate.
“Discharge of the Board” means that the members of the Association officially agree to the actions of the Board in the past financial year.
Auditors are members of the association, who themselves do not have a seat in the dormitory council, and thus can independently check the finances of the association for misappropriation(e.g. by the board).
House Meetings and Speakers
The house meetings are another possibility for club members to interfere in dormitory matters. They take place at least once per semester and house. Participants of the house meetings are all residents of the respective house, thus not only the club members. In the house meetings primarily the affairs of the house are decided. However, only the club members present decide on matters concerning the association. They also elect the two house spokespersons. The spokespersons of the house present the requests of the house, which are also decided in the house meeting, to the council of the dormitory.
The current house spokespersons are:
- Rotes Haus: Pascal Schlosser and Matthias Kleinert
- Grünes Haus: Abdellah “Amin” Boutayeb and Marvin Kurzer
- Weißes Haus: Aylin Altenwegner and Louis Thirion
- Gelbes Haus: Sebastian Kizewski and Sebastian Barth
- Oranges Haus: Jakob Krumrein and Omar Jakob
- Haus 59a: Thomas Lechner and Massoud Ehzan
- Haus 57a: Bernadette Mederer and Florian Schick
- Haus 55a: Nico Ostermeier and Janek Perculija-Speitling
- Haus 53a: Helena Schneider and Rosina Brenner
- Haus 51a: Paul Lindner and Eva-Maria Pöhlmann
- Haus 49: Goncagül Fidan and Melissa Imhof
The commitee consits of the following persons:
- 1st chairman: Claus Brede 5008B
- 2nd chairman: Bastian Rüppel 8114
- Secretary: Maike Tauschhuber 13.01.14
- Cashier: Nico Müller 11.05.12
These were elected by the members of the association at the last ordinary general meeting. The term of office is one (business) year. A new board is then elected, whereby of course the same persons can also be re-elected.
The main task of the board is to represent the association, i.e. above all to conclude contracts on behalf of the association. The association may be represented by the first chairman or the second chairman alone or, in the event that the first and second chairmen are unable to attend at the same time, by the secretary together with the cashier.
The work of the board is of course voluntary, i.e. the members of the board do not receive any remuneration for their work.
Of course, every member of the board has a seat on the dormitory council.
The departments and their spokespersons
- The network team, represented by Julian Neureuther.
- The bar team, represented by Marvin Kurzer and Lukas Bausewein.
- The cinema team, represented by Fabian Koch.
- The bicycle team, represented by Erik Aepler.
- The Sports & Game team, represented by Felix Harnau.
- The garden team, represented by Alex Bader.
A department is nothing else than a community of interests of association members The members of these interest groups elect a spokesperson for their team from among their own ranks. This gives the speaker a seat on the dormitory council. Currently there are six departments in our association: To learn more about the individual teams please use their own information offer on our homepage.
The Council of the Dormitory
- Adoption of resolutions on requests by the Executive Board, the spokespersons, the departments and the members.
- Decisions on the establishment and dissolution of departments and their competencies.
- and much more
The dormitory council consists of a total of 19 people: Four board members, 10 house spokespersons and six department spokespersons. The Council meets at least once a semester. Depending on the topics addressed, the janitor can also be invited - as an expert so to speak.
You can find out more about this in the articles of association or by reading the minutes of the last meeting. This will appear on the notice board of each house no later than two weeks after the meeting.
Comment on “Erwin-Lakers e. V.”
The “Erwin-Lakers e. V.” sports club is completely independent of “Rommelwood e. V.”. You can find out more about the articles of association, membership and board of the “Erwin-Lakers e. V.” on the sports pages.
The Erwin-Lakers e. V. is represented by Bastian Rüppel.